Spanish Is Fun
Content: Foreign Language
Available in: French, German, Italian, Latin, and Spanish
From Amsco’s website:
___ is Fun series provides students with a basal text that will help them attain acceptable levels of proficiency in basic communicative skills. The book provides enough materials for a one-year course in junior high school as well as beginning high school courses.
- Develops basic communicative skills through simple materials. Uses visual cues for learning and practice.
- Provides topical contexts to which students can easily relate.
- Teaches vocabulary through lively drawings that convey meanings of words without the need of English.
- Makes extensive use of cognates to show students that Italian is not so “foreign” after all.
- Presents structure inductively, guiding students into making their own discoveries and formulating their own conclusions.
- Features short, entertaining narratives and/or playlets that illustrate new vocabulary and structures.
- Rounds out lessons with illustrated conversations, personalized dialog exercises, and other practice.
- Makes cultural connections in the narratives, playlets, and personalized communicative practice.
- Includes review units after every four lessons featuring games, puzzles, picture stories, and other practice.
- Two achievement tests.
Companion Workbook (Cahier d’exercices), which supplements the practice materials in the Student Edition. Vocabulary and structural elements are closely coordinated with parallel chapters in the textboook.
Audio CD Program (not available for every book in the series), which reinforces listening comprehension and drill pronunciation and includes questions, completions, and optional oral exercises, all derived from the material in the Student Edition
Teacher Manual, which provides answers to all exercises in the Student Edition and the Companion Workbook. Tests measure ongoing progress and language proficiency. Optional oral exercises are also included for every lesson.